U.S. House of Representatives Passes Mental Health Care Reform: NAMI Applauds “A Major Step Forward”July 7, 2016
WASHINGTON, July 6, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) today applauded the U.S. House of Representatives for taking “a major step forward” to improve the lives of Americans living with mental illness.
The House passed H.R.2646, the “Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis Act,” sponsored by Reps. Tim Murphy (R-Pa.) and Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX) on a voice vote, without objection.
NAMI Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- The woman who changed how the disabled are treated, Marcia Beach, has died | Miami Herald
- Crossing the Criminal Justice Chasm to the Community: A Homecoming
- Mental Health Reform: The Senate Needs to Act
- Mentally ill need help, not jail
- Standing Up to Poverty in Our Schools: Because Every Child Is Ours