Sun Sentinel Editorial Board
Broward making changes, after being prodded by advocates and the Sun Sentinel
The Sun Sentinel’s eye-opening investigation of the failure of Broward County‘s mental health court left us feeling shame at the system and anger at what often happens to those who need help.
Instead of getting needed treatment for the mentally ill, “Trapped: The Crime of Mental Illness” shows Broward’s mental health court is more adept at punishing them.
Mentally ill people charged with minor felonies can spend Read More
- Standing Up to Poverty in Our Schools: Because Every Child Is Ours
- One Conversation Counts: NAMI Offers Resources to Help for National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
- The Feeling of Justice: The 2015 Dignity March for Mental Health
- Broward County cuts could hurt mental health services by Michael Mayo
- County Cuts Will Hurt Mental Health Services from Judge Ginger Lerner-Wren