NEW!!!! All Meeting Information Can Be Found In the Calendar!
Connections Recovery Support Groups
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Groups
NAMI Connection is a weekly recovery support group for people living with mental illness in which people learn from each others’ experiences, share coping strategies, and offer each other encouragement and understanding.
The program includes NAMI-trained peer facilitators and employs principles of support designed to empower its members. This program focuses on allowing all participants to share their experiences and learn from each other in a safe and confidential environment. NAMI Connection is not illness-specific, and welcomes persons with all psychiatric diagnoses
NAMI’s support groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adults (18+) with mental health conditions
- Led by people with mental health conditions
- 90 minutes long and meets weekly, every other week or monthly (varies by location)
- No specific medical therapy or treatment is endorsed
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you can gain hope and feel a sense of connection. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit from other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and empower yourself by sharing your own experiences in a non-judgmental space.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Understand that mental health conditions are no one’s fault and can be traumatic experiences
What People Are Saying
“… People can solve problems [at a NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group]. It isn’t just a bunch of sad stories; people are coming up with solutions and stuff to do for the next week. One of our group attendees is taking her meds and getting herself to her counselor and is just about able to go back to her career in great part due to Connection.”
“NAMI Connection has enabled me to take a good look at my illness and see that I am not alone. The program has given me additional tools to not only accept my illness, but to help others along the way.”